Thursday, July 11, 2013

Latest Life Happenings

So, we have THREE kids. One of these days I am going to sit down and update about our newest member, our beautiful baby GIRL... But today's not that day. I have so many beautiful pictures from her birth that I need to figure out how to get on here since my new computer doesn't have a CD drive. I'm rambling. Basically, I would love to get back into the blogging game since I finally have a sweet computer to use and SO much to blog about. But for now, I'll write about my little lady.

Joni Leona Grace...
is SIX months old now. I really can't believe it's been half a year since I met this glorious tiny human being. I'm so in love. She is on the verve of crawling anyday now. I'm so in denial. She's been rolling all over the place for over a month now. Literally all over. I couldn't find her a few weeks ago because she decided to roll under her brother's bunk bed while I was putting their laundry away! So scary. We have been giving her a few "food" things in her little food sucker net things (what are the actual names for those things anyway?!).. So far she's had avocado, watermelon, blueberries and frozen mango. My plan was to use veggies from my veggie garden I started to make her baby food, but turns out my thumb's not that green. Bummer. I do have lots of tomatoes though. Not sure she'd be too into that. She has been such a good sleeper from day one. She was sleeping 13 hours STRAIGHT for the longest time. UNTIL she caught a stupid cold at her 4 month well baby check up and I started nursing her everytime I heard her make a peep during the night. Well, she seems to have gotten used to it because here we are two months later waking up 3x a night to nurse. At least she goes right back to sleep. She says, "DaDaDaDaDa.....". Chris thinks he's so cool. I kinda love it too. I want her to be a total Daddy's girl.








Jedidiah graduated Preschool last month and I can't believe I have a Kindergartener! It's unreal. We're going to be homeschooling which is a little scary since we're so new to this world, but I'm getting very excited. We just got our curriculum a few weeks ago from My Father's World. I've heard amazing thins about this curriculum so I think it will be a real blessing for us. He's also developed an interest in baseball lately. All on his own. So that's very exciting. Chris bought him his own glove and we've been taking them to this secluded baseball field for "practice". He loves it. 






Cruz is turning THREE on Saturday!!! So that means I'm turning TWENTY SIX on Saturday! Time goes by so incredibly fast once you have children. Seems like I was just sharing his birth story on here. He has requested tacos, chocolate cupcakes, and a cow that he can milk and put the milk into buckets for his birthday. I've got the tacos and cupcakes down, still working out the deets for request #3. He cracks me up. It's so bittersweet watching him become more independent and play with his big brother. I love that he has his own ideas and interests and doesn't let his big brother influence him. My prayer for this birthday boy of mine is that with each year his heart gets rooted deeper and deeper in the Lord and develops a hunger for the word of God. May he become a man who seeks God in everything he does. So thankful for this sweet boy who loves me and forgives me for my many short-comings. He's taught me so much and has challenged me so much over these last three years. He is one special boy and I just love you Cruz Alexander, my little birthday buddy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment