Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock....

I guess Cruz is the perfect name for this little boy because he seems to be stuck on cruise control. Last week I was dialated at a 3 and my doctor stripped my membranes thinking he would be on his way soon. We had TWO false alarms last week; the first was probably just me being paranoid about my water breaking with GBS (my chonies were wet, but it was probably from the gel the doctor used to check me. TMI?), the second my water really did break I am positive of this, but my doctor thinks it was a high leak that sealed itself and since my fluid level was still high, we were sent home from the hospital yet again!!!

Today is my birthday, FOUR days after his due date. Woke up at 1:30 this morning with pretty strong contractions that were five minutes apart for an hour and a half. I know better by now than to get my hopes up thinking it's the real deal. This kid is a joke-ster. My doctor checked me again yesterday and I am now at a FOUR! She stripped the membranes AGAIN and scheduled an induction for Saturday morning at 8:00am. I'm praying it doesn't come down to that, but I'm sort of glad to see a light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe tonight will be the night, but then again I've said that for the past few weeks!!!

It's a pretty good thing he's late though because on his actual due date, Jed came down with a random 24 hour flu type thing. Super high fever, vomitting (three times I was puked on. One of which was in the middle of Stater Bros where everyone just stared at us in disgust. Good times.) He seems to be recovered from it now, still a little crabby, but what can ya do??

Good Lord, I hope my next post is of a labor and delivery story!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. be careful sweetheart...if you leak anymore go back to the hosp. right away i supposedly had a high leak and my levers werent changing however when noah was born he had pneumonia due to prolonged rupture...im praying today is the day for you love...good luck and i cant wait to see the handsome little man

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope for your sake tonight is the night. I know you are tired of being pregnant. I don't blame you!

    ReplyDelete