Monday, August 26, 2013

Another Camping Post

So, we decided to give our family camping skills another try with a weekend at Lake Hemet. We didn't get on the road until 7:30 because Chris had an awful week and couldn't get off work early that day. We got to the campground around 8:45 and busted a move setting up our little site. 


 Our first morning waking up there, my boy finally got up the nerves to yank out his dangling by a thread tooth! We weren't sure if the tooth fairy would be able to find him way out in Lake Hemet, but she sure did... Jed said she must have GPS. 

 I love this little toothless boy. 




We camped with my parents, my Aunt and Uncle, and my cousin and her family. We had a pretty good time, despite some unwanted family drama. My other cousin and his wife and three girls came out on Saturday for the day and we took the kids to this little pond that they can swim in and catch baby frogs. The kids had a blast. It kind of grossed me out, but the kids had so much fun. I couldn't let my OCD motherness steal from their good time. 










This is Joni with her "best friend" on the trip, Skylar. She is a friend of my cousin's whose family also came along on the trip. This girl was obsessed with Joni. She was actually quite helpful and is counting down the days until my cousin's daughter's birthday party when they can be reunited again. 



Sunday was pretty eventful as well. Chris was helping my Uncle get his Tahoe back up and running so they could head home. Meanwhile, a dog busted out of its trailer and attacked my cousin's tiny fluffy white dog. It looked like a pitbull and there was lots of screaming. My heroic husband jumped right in and was able to lift the dog up off of my cousin's dog and save the day. Such a brave man, that Mr. Latham. 

I think that may have been the last hoo-rah for our little pop up trailer for the year.. We will be tent camping on the beach in September for a week and I can't stinkin' wait. 


1 comment:

  1. Looks like such a great time! I can't wait to go camping next summer :-)

    ReplyDelete